Mmmm sexy...

Mmmm sexy...
The man is a gorgeous sexy BEAST!! I just want to eat him up!!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Woke up with an interesting idea today...

Hi Steve,

Somebody on Facebook posted this photo, and it made me drool like an idiot....ya know why??  Because of that gorgeous look in your eyes, that slicked back sexy hair, and (what looks like) a black leather jacket....it's almost ELVIS from the 1968 special, and HOLY MOLEY was he a sexy beast then!!  It reminded me of that, and I loved that look for him, so naturally I adore that look for you too. You look like a badass with bedroom eyes, and who can resist that?!!  Certainly not me.


Well anyway, here's a question I have always wanted to ask you......do you still have this godforsaken shirt??!


You wore that thing to DEATH....and I don't know of any other guy on earth who could wear it as well as you did, to be honest.  Would you STILL wear it NOW if you DID have it?!!  Good Lord, I hope not...but it's funny to think about...I think perhaps retiring that shirt might be a good idea though.

Ok, now that those burning issues are presented, let's move on to something more important....

I woke up with an idea today.


In the 1980's, when I was a member of the official Journey fan club, and received all those newsletters every month, I remember several people I wrote to as penpals told me about Journey parties that they knew of, or attended, or had been invited to....I never got to go to one, myself, but I loved the idea.  So what if I were to have one of those parties NOW, here in my house, in Pittsburgh?

I tossed this idea out to the 2 Facebook pages that I am a member of....the Faithful Ones, and the Voice.  So far, the input is, "I'd love it," or "I would try to be there," or "maybe in the spring."  So, what do YOU think of the idea??  It would be a party to celebrate YOU, my friend, in your honor, with music videos playing on the huge flat screen t.v., various albums and collectibles that people trade with each other, food, music, dancing, etc.   

Of course, I wouldn't expect you to attend.  I know you'd cringe in horror at such a thing.  What if it were a BIRTHDAY party for you, though, would you consider possibly sending in a videotaped "hello" message to everyone, or even just writing an email, or something??  Ah well, I know you're a busy guy, and you have a new album to get out soon, so I won't expect anything from ya.  We'll just celebrate you, and enjoy ourselves, and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and tell you all about it afterwards.

But maybe even a life-sized cardboard cut-out of you could be made, so people can take pictures with it...just for fun.  I don't know if that's something I can make, legally, in your image though. I'd have to look into that, or ask Lora if I could do it.  Would you mind if I did that?!  

And maybe Lora would have some ideas, or might even bring Cyndi along to attend and write something for Fan Asylum....that's a cool idea....I could invite Kevin Chalfant too, (don't know if he would come, he's still kinda peeved at me I think, for giving him shit the other day on Facebook).  I could write to Lincoln Brewster and Moyes Lucas too, and see if they might want to come....it's just a thought.  We could really have a fun party, I think, if I can somehow make it happen.

I don't know if I'm just being a silly school girl by thinking about all this, reliving my teen years....but it sounds like a fun idea, and I'm in the mood for some fun.  I could make a bunch of CD mixes with my favorite songs from you and Journey, to give to everybody who attends, I could make favors as gifts with music notes on them, maybe even make another JOURNEYOPOLY game as a door prize for somebody to win...I could make t-shirts that have the party date and stuff on it too...just a thought.

Well, again, it's just an idea, I don't know for sure if it will happen, but it's something I'm tossing around in my noggin.  I could ask people to bring a dish to pass, or pitch in $5 bucks for the cost of alcohol and food, I could offer at least 4-6 people to stay at our house if they need to, and send out hotel info too with maps and stuff.  It would be a fun project for me to plan, at least, even if nobody shows up....but if Moyes and Lincoln were here, and Kevin, that would be an awesome fun time talking to them.  I know I'm a dreamer, and they probably wouldn't, but it's a thought that makes me happy so I'll keep thinking it awhile, if you don't mind.

It's Sunday, so we're going to visit Pete's mom, (hopefully she will recognize us, but that ability seems to be fading with the Alzheimers).  Hope you have a fun Sunday doing whatever you enjoy doing.

Love you lots...xoxox  And if we DO have a party in your honor, I'll drink a few for you too!!

---Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment