Mmmm sexy...

Mmmm sexy...
The man is a gorgeous sexy BEAST!! I just want to eat him up!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Funny stuff...my type of humor.

Hi Stephen,

I hope your Wednesday is going well so far.  Mine just started.  I just woke up (it's 9:20 a.m.) and I'm seriously contemplating going back to bed...it is just so gloomy and grey outside, it makes you want to curl up in bed with a book.  Winter is on its way.  But, we all know that going-back-to-bed thing won't happen, because I have two MOM'S to take care of all day, every day.  THEY can sleep all day long, sure, but I'm not allowed to.  SIGH.  I guess I'll just have to sleep when I'm dead.

I'm sitting here eating my cinnamon mini-wheats...I'm a cereal type of chick in the mornings.  I love chocolate Cheerios!!  But I also enjoy the mini-wheats.  When it gets real cold outside, I love oatmeal.  So, I'm flexible.  Do you eat caviar and escargot every morning? You filthy rich human, you.  I will admit that I've never tried escargot...seems rather gross to me...but I do love caviar.  I like most seafood.  I even like sushi, though I am not an expert on what they are, or how they are made.  I just eat 'em.  I'll try just about any of it, really, I don't discriminate.  I'm an equal opportunity nosher.

Hey, I don't know if you're aware of it or not (or even if you care), but Twitter is alive with so many photos and interviews and trivia about you, it keeps me entertained for hours.  (Of course, I only check Twitter once a week).  Mostly I'm a Facebook type of chick, keeping in touch with my friends and family daily.  But I'm also "friends" with Fan Asylum on Facebook, which is very cool.  They are the ONLY trusted source of information about you, by the way, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Most of your true die-hard-fan-family agree.  Lora and Cyndi are so well-respected, they are almost as famous as YOU!!  (Or, at least, that's what a lot of OTHER fans feel...I've met them both, I wasn't under that impression at all, they are very down-to-earth, average, decent, normal people).

There was a blurb from them yesterday, stating that you're trying to put together another solo album, and might even ask Randy Jackson to work with you again----I gotta tell ya, at the time, he did NOT impress me in 1986 at the Raised On Radio tour...I was really quite taken aback that Ross and Smitty weren't there, and who the HELL does this huge black dude think he IS?!! (That was my first Journey concert, by the way...October 8, 1986, at Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit).  But, after seeing him in the limelight over the last few years, doing American Idol and losing all that weight, and some of the things he's done and said, well, I have to admit, I kinda like him now.  So, I think that idea has merit.  But please consider bringing back Lincoln Brewster!! He really is talented!!  I liked him immediately!  He's really a sweet guy...he was only 23 when he toured with you, and shortly afterwards, he got married, didn't he?  He's 41 now, DAMN....I can't imagine him at 41....he'll always be that baby-faced, long-haired cutie pie kid.

Well, so then the article from Fan Asylum mentioned that "you are your worst enemy" or something like that, because you're too much of a perfectionist, and you're holding yourself back.  (Translation: You like being a TEASE. You're a sadistic man, making all the fans WAIT IN AGONY for so long).  Some people commented about it, stating things like, "Take your time, we'll be here waiting..." and "Don't be so hard on yourself..." etc., but then I added MY thoughts:

"Hey Stephen, Etta James and Tony Bennett BOTH have brand new albums out---and our touring---and they are both OLDER than YOU, so GET ON WITH IT! Hell, you could YODEL in SWAHILI for all we care--we'll still buy it!!"

And ya know, that's the God's honest truth of the matter.

It doesn't matter one damned bit to the fans who love you WHAT you sing, or even HOW you sing it!!  We'll still buy it!!  You GOTTA know by NOW that you could stand on a stage, completely silent---and just fart and burp the alphabet---and we'd buy it.  For cripes' sake, man, get over yourself, and get the damned thing DONE!! Stop teasing us, stop procrastinating, stop making yourself feel defeated even before you start...that's just plain DUMB, and you deserve better than that. WHERE ARE YOUR CAHONES?!!  You're supposed to be this big-bad-DOMLY-kinda guy (at least, in my imagination), who takes no shit from noBAHdy, who kicks ass and takes names, and doesn't give a rat's ASS about what anyone else thinks.  YOU CAN DO NO WRONG!!

.......We all know that's not exactly an accurate description of the real you, but let's just pretend it is.....we know you're a very sensitive guy, you're very "in-tune" with your inner self, your spiritual self, and your strength of family values...we know you loved your mother very much, and still do, and miss her terribly every day...we know that you CARE (almost too much) about every note, every measure, every lyric... and God knows WE APPRECIATE THAT!!  But, sincerely, Stephen, you know we'll support you no matter what you do, even if you never write or sing another song the rest of your life.  So, don't let yourself hold yourself back---what would your mom say about that?!  Imagine her, standing in front of you, scolding you for being so silly.  That's what I'm trying to do, in a gentle, loving way, too.

We do not expect perfection, Stephen.  Sure, maybe lot of women out there WISH for it in a man, but I already KNOW it doesn't exist, and I'm cool with that.  Nobody is perfect, not even you.  Hell, I'd even venture forth a theory that MOST celebrities and famous people are FAR from it.  Etta James, for instance, just put out THE DREAMER CD, and her voice has gotten very low over the years, she has lost much of her vibrato, but the SPIRIT and SPUNKINESS is still there!!  And that's what I love about her!  She's gone through so many personal problems, drug addictions, etc., in her life...it's amazing she didn't jump off the nearest cliff decades ago.  But she's still kickin', it doesn't sound the same anymore, but NOBODY EVER DOES sound the same at 75 as they did in their 20's.  Tony Bennett even has a raspier voice than he ever did before---that doesn't stop him from wailing out the loudest lung-filled music he possibly can---and by the way, he was on Regis & Kathy Lee yesterday morning, to sing "The Best Is Yet To Come," (unfortunately, Regis had to sing a duet with him....lame), but I put that clip on Facebook and dedicated it to YOU, to listen to every word of that song, and believe in it.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME FROM STEVE PERRY, and the fans who love you, KNOW THAT!! There is no hesitation, there is no wavering, we KNOW that whatever work you achieve, is going to be awesome...we're just growing a bit impatient, sitting around WAITING so long, ya know??

There was a trivia question yesterday about which Journey song was inspired by your feelings when looking out at Lake Tahoe.  I've never been there, so I have no idea what it looks like...probably could Google it if I really wanted to...but, as my brain scanned through all the Journey songs, the only one that came to mind with lyrics about the mountains and stuff (Lake Tahoe has mountains, right)? was "Liberty."  I don't know if I'm right or wrong, but it was fun to think about.  I don't know why that song hasn't been more popular.  I kinda liked it.

Anyway....onto the funny stuff....a friend of mine from high school posted this web site on Facebook yesterday and I was an instant addict:

www.bluntcard.com

You can sit there giggling for HOURS at the random cards that come up, which have all 1950's style pictures on them, with hilarious and blunt or rude captions on them.  I laughed so much yesterday I nearly peed my pants!! I put some of the funniest ones on my Facebook page, too, I just couldn't help sharing them.  Here are a few for you...(and this should give you some clue about my sense of humor):

 SNORT!

 GIGGLE!

 hahahaha!

This is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE!!

I have a rather dark sense of humor, actually.  So that one, while being so totally NOT politically correct, just made me guffaw all evening, tears in my eyes, and sides hurting.  

I know, I know, I'm going straight to hell in a window seat.

I sent a bunch of "gay" ones to George Takei's Facebook page (he played SULU on the original Star Trek, in case you didn't know who he was).  He's hilarious.  Here's what I sent him...



OH MY GAWD THIS ONE KILLED ME!!!

WAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
(It wouldn't scare ME one bit, thankyouverymuch).


hehehehehehe

George actually posted this one himself, which is hilarious....it's from Twilight Zone...


Did you ever see that one?!  William Shatner is sitting on a plane, and it's night time, and he looks out the window, only to see some alien being sitting on the wing!  He doesn't believe what he's seeing. 
So this photo is awesome because he's closing his eyes, in disbelief!  And there's George, in a gay pride parade, with a rainbow balloon flag!!  I had a good belly laugh over that one.

Yep, I have a twisted sense of humor, I know.

And it's weird people like ME that you're trying so hard to PLEASE with all your perfectionism.

STOP THAT!!

Well, on that note, I'm going to bid thee a fine adieu.

Enjoy your Hump Day!

love, Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment