Mmmm sexy...

Mmmm sexy...
The man is a gorgeous sexy BEAST!! I just want to eat him up!!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Wow....


Hi Stephen,

I don't know where the heck somebody got this photo, but it was on Twitter the other day.  You look so much like your father, it's just incredible.  (That statement would make ME cringe if somebody said that to me).  I know from being a fan of yours since I was 10 years old that he wasn't exactly the most awesome man in the universe, but your mother is gorgeous in this photo, stunning really, and I also know that she was a SAINT compared to him, and you loved her more than the earth, stars and moon.  It's a shame though, that you and I share that unfortunate thing.  I mean, I have the same situation with my parents.

Unfortunately, I look more like my dad.  There has been some self-loathing in my life because of it.  He was a total jerk who cheated on my mom all the time, (I learned of it at age 10), and he treated her very badly for 24 years.  So, I disowned him during the divorce, when I was 22 years old.  I told him right to his face that he has lost his first-born daughter, and would never know any grandkids that I might have.  (He is partially WHY I have never wanted to have kids, and don't, as a matter of fact).  I haven't spoken to him since.  I am 43 now.  I don't even know him, nor do I CARE to.  So, you and I share in those similar circumstances, which is unfortunate, but I guess you and I have learned how NOT to be like our dad's, which is probably a good thing in the big picture of life.

Ya know, I've always felt like I'm the weirdo, the only person in my world who sees the "big picture" of things, all the time...most people can only see the here and now, the immediate situation, but not me.  I see things like my observation in October 2001, "Hmm, 9/11 has really wreaked havoc on the economy almost immediately, I don't think this will go away for at least 20 years, maybe more..." My friends and family just looked at me and blinked, "You're full of crap, it'll get better soon."  (HAS IT?! NOOO)!!

I even told people that I worked with at the Museum in DC that, if this place doesn't somehow cultivate the younger audience, and interact with them and focus on them more than anything else, and do it NOW, this Museum won't be in existence 20 years from now because nobody will give a shit about it. It is a FACT that the "2nd generation" (Jewish Survivors' children) already doesn't donate money to the Museum very much at all, then Madoff came and took most of the wealthy Jewish community's money, and then Abramhoff (one of the Museum's biggest donors), has gone to PRISON for stealing money.  Soooo, the fund raising efforts of the Museum have become very, very difficult and visitation is dwindling every year.  Odds are, I am right on the mark, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.

I don't know if you're the same way or not, able to see the bigger picture in most things, but it's a lonely life sometimes, when nobody around you understands anything you're trying to communicate.  Hence, my introverted lifestyle.  A person can only beat a dead horse for so long before giving up.

Well, I have to get to bed, I've been very busy today doing all kinds of housework and stuff, and the two mom's have driven me completely stark raving mad...(again).  Tomorrow I'm getting the HELL outta here for awhile.  Today I made the mistake of spending most of the day here with them both....sheesh.  I really should consider getting a part-time seasonal job somewhere, just for my own sanity.

Talk to you later, gator.  Hope you had a nice Monday.  it's raining like crazy and the wind is howling outside right now...my dog is going nuts.  Gotta go.

Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment