Mmmm sexy...

Mmmm sexy...
The man is a gorgeous sexy BEAST!! I just want to eat him up!!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

In my backyard...

Hi Stephen,

I promise not to blow your mind with sexy talk this time around, you poor thing.  I'll take it easy on ya.

Sooooo, it seems the buzz on Facebook is that you are registered at some recording studio.  Interesting.  I thought you were building one in your home?  Well, whatever happens, and wherever it happens, I'm very glad you're moving forward.  I think you're more than ready for a new album.  I know you will make it an awesome one, and I'm looking forward to hearing it once it's finished.  You will always rock my world!!  I hope my weirdness and crazy tales on this blog have inspired some cool lyrics somewhere in your life, too, I really do.  I know "Strange Medicine" is already taken, but maybe something like that will pop up...."Crazy East Coast girl," or "Blog Writer Nutball," you know, something vague that only you and I will understand!!! hehehehe  It'll be our little secret.

I thought I would share some of my backyard with ya this time around....

Hmmmm....I can't seem to get the video to upload properly on blogger for some reason.  It's my dog Sassy sitting in the grass, with your voice in the background from the neighbor's radio next door...singing "Who's Cryin' Now."  If I can get the dang thing to work, I'll post it here for you.

Until then, here's my all-time favorite song that you've sung....(well, one of many)....but this one I love so much...it just kills me...made me cry....makes me think of someone who just died, lying at a funeral in their casket, and what they would say to everyone there if they could....ya know?  Maybe that's morbid, but that's where my brain goes sometimes.  I just love it.  It's so heartfelt, and sad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BjYyJ8EnHd0

Yes, you invaded my backyard on this gorgeous summer day, Stephen-my-love.  You invade my world daily, singing at me from all over the place, no matter where I go.  I guess it was just a matter of time before you showed up next door, at my neighbor's house, blaring out from their loud radio.  If it's not their music blaring, then it's the neighbors behind us on another block who apparently play the BAGPIPES.  Yeah, they were playing BAGPIPES all day yesterday, it was like fingernails on a chalkboard.  What a horrible noise.  If the SOUND of bagpipes were a SMELL, it would be worse than a skunk.  Seriously.

I took Sassy to the local pet store to get her shots today, though she didn't need a rabies shot, that'll come next year.  Then I had her groomed a bit.  She loves it.  My little dawg is spoiled rotten!  I try to take good care of her.  I treated her to the flea & tick stuff after a bath the other night, and gave her a heart worm treat, which I give her once every month.  She's a healthy, happy dog and I want to keep her that way for a long time.  She's starting to get these "fat bubbles" under her fur, though, that I can feel when I pet her.  The vet says there's nothing to worry about, that's what happens when a dog gets older.  If they grow in size or get harder, then it's something to worry about.

Pete took off to Rochester NY this weekend to see his kids, and to bring a car to his oldest son who desperately needed one.  He bought it from a friend of ours, and piggy-backed it onto the minivan so that his son can work on it and get it running again.  It needs a new head gasket.  Other than that, it's a good car.  So, that'll get him back on his feet awhile.

His other son, Nathan, is trying to get a job, but he thinks walking to a library to sit online and fill out online applications is enough.  NOT.  He really doesn't seem to have much motivation, but if he doesn't do something soon, his sister and brother-in-law will kick him out on his keester, and he will NOT be living here with Pete and I, either.  He's had a really tough time of it since last November, but he has also been coddled and babied most of his life, so he really doesn't know how to live.  His mother failed him at a very young age, and is still not a very big part of his life, so he really needs a mommy, but it ain't me.  I don't know HOW to be a mommy to a 26 year old kid, other than to kick him in the butt and tell him to grow the hell up already.  Ya know?

Well, anyway, enough about that.  I'm taking my mom out for a nice dinner soon, but I wanted to write a quick message and let you know that I am very happy for you to start the ball rolling on a new album, and I know whatever you create will be an incredible experience, and an awesome end-result for us fans.  You have never let us down, not once, and the consistency of quality that you have given the world all these years is something we never doubt.

Love you lots Stephen.  Thanks for invading my backyard today.  Feel free to do that more often!

Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment