Mmmm sexy...

Mmmm sexy...
The man is a gorgeous sexy BEAST!! I just want to eat him up!!

Monday, November 5, 2012

GET OUT THERE AND VOTE!!!!! (Please).

Hi Steve,

Well tomorrow's the big day, and frankly I'm sick to my stomach about it.  I really want Obama to win another four years, I think he's the best man for the leadership of our country, and if Mitt Romney steals the election by cheating in Ohio with those voting machines, I will PERSONALLY go kick his ass.

Soooo...

I have been occupying my time lately by redecorating our large living room.  It's like, 24' x 24' I think, and I have to work around a huge 8 foot pool table that is too heavy to move.  We painted all the walls this past weekend, (Simon and I....Pete didn't want to)...and then I moved most of the furniture around or out of the room, and I did a little shopping too, for some new curtains, some wall hangings and stuff.  Now we just have to find a decent couch that will last us 10 years or more, (according to Pete, that is how long furniture SHOULD last)...but otherwise, the room is starting to look really nice.

Here's a photo of how it looks right now.....it's not quite finished, but I love the new paint color on the walls. I used a darker shade of the same color to accent the focal wall, which you see when you first walk into the room.  So, it's neutral, but warmer, and the room just feels different now.  I love it!


I got these new curtains at Kirklands, I put a tablecloth on the back of the shelving unit under our t.v., (to hide all those cords that I hated looking at), and we will eventually be rid of the black chaise lounge chair (on the left) and the black fold-down futon couch (on the far right). 

In 2 corners of the focal wall, I used my bamboo room divider screens as accents against the wall, with some tropical flowers left over from our wedding.  This orange-ish rust color (a darker coral), was the color of my wedding, with off-white and white.

I moved Florence's nicer furniture from the smaller living room (2 end tables and a matching coffee table) into this room instead, and switched the other stuff around to that smaller room.


This photo is a better view...see the difference in the colors on the wall in the corner to the left?  Also, the pool table is on the far right (you can see a corner of it), and there is still a lot of excess "stuff" that I need to figure out what to do with, but with the dark green carpeting, I'm kinda limited on what colors I can paint the walls with, so a neutral seemed the best idea.

Anyway, it will look really nice when it's done. 

Well, I'm off to bed.  My stomach is nervous about tomorrow though.  Our whole world can change, in either direction, and there's only one vote we can cast about it.

Hope you have a nice week...where's the new album already?!! 

Someone posted this on Facebook last week....cracks me up....!!!


Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment