Mmmm sexy...

Mmmm sexy...
The man is a gorgeous sexy BEAST!! I just want to eat him up!!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve....

Hello Steve,


There's my dog, Sassy, smiling as usual.  She was happy to be with us at the dinner table while we had our turkey and stuffing, green bean casserole, yams with brown sugar and marshmallows, etc.....of course she had to have a little bite here and there!  She's so spoiled!


And there is the family, all around the table.  That's Heather (Pete's step-daughter), Nathan (he's doing much better), Pete at the head of the table, my friend Barbara from Baltimore (we've known each other since I was 9), and my mom--who leaned BACK so she wouldn't be in the picture! The poop!!

Anyway, so we're just chillin' out now, our bellies are full, the pie has been kept warm....

I'm sitting here listening to "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'."  I love love love that song!

So yesterday we decided to get up early and go see 2 movies.  In a row.  We first saw The Hobbit, (which is not really my kinda flick, but it was ok), and then we saw LINCOLN, and THAT is MY KIND OF FLICK!!!  I loved it!!  That man was amazing. They really brought him to life.  And Sally Field was incredible as his wife.  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

I've seen Lincoln's birth place (with Kevin Chalfant's sister Melva), and his lawyer's office, and the memorial in Illinois as well as the Ford's Theater and the house across the street where he died.  So seeing the film really was awesome for me.  I wish Melva could have seen it too.  I miss her a lot.  She was my best buddy for 15 years. She would have gone crazy over it.

Anyway, now we are just going to be lazy bums the rest of the evening, and maybe open one gift. Pete and his kids are watching some Zombie Apocolypse t.v. show, in its entirety, which I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever.  I rather prefer reality, thank you, even though reality sucks too often.

So today is the day 3 years ago that Pete talked me into going to the Justice of the Peace to get married. Yeah, after all my 40 years of being single, it was rather anti-climactic to say the least.  But, that way, we had a large tax refund in April that paid for our actual "wedding" in July.  Smart, eh?  So yeah, we just kinda say "happy pseudo anniversary" and give each other a card.  We don't consider today our actual anniversary---even though technically it is.  I just wrapped a gift that Pete knew he was getting, since he was with me when I bought it, so it was no big deal when he opened it. We don't really "celebrate" today as much as we do in July.

YAWWWWWNNNNN.....dang, I could totally go take a nap right about now.  I love lazy days!!

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas weekend so far, and I hope you get all the gifts you could possible wish for.  I'd sit on your lap if you were here!!! Wooooo!!  And yes, we saved you some pie.

Bye for now.

Love, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment